Embracing Birth Class
Your instructors Asha Thomas (on the left) and Jeanelle Sloan (on the right)
What you will learn in this class:
- Anatomy, Physiology and biomechanics of Pregnancy and Birth
- Comfort measures and coping strategies both while alone and with the support of a partner
- Understanding your options and how to make personal choices
- Navigating the medical system, including with midwives and home births & how to making informed decisions
- Medical interventions in labour, the truth and the made up ideas
- The Immediate postpartum care, nursing options & recovery
- Newborn care tips and support strategies
Feeling prepared for birth is more than just learning "what to expect." Being prepared is understanding how to Embrace Birth, as both a right of passage, and a personal journey. Join Jeanelle (she/her) and Asha (she/her) for a birth class like no other.
Engage in thought provoking conversations, learn what evidence-based information is and join exciting activities to learn about the process of pregnancy, birth and postpartum care.
Built with an inclusive approach to support all learning styles, Asha and Jeanelle aim to empower parents to envision their birthing experience as a joyful yet powerful experience.
While we know that birth cannot be planned, parents will learn about their options and explore their goals to create the perfect blueprint for their own birthing experience.